The Youth Aid Panel (YAP) Program is a police referral based program for youth ages 10 – 17 who have committed a first-time summary level offense. We work with 37 municipalities and Police Departments across Delware County and Chester County in order to implement this program. This program relies on over 250 volunteers who serve as our panelists in their respective municipalities and meet with the youth who committed the crime and their guardian  to understand why the crime was committed and then give assignments/resolutions for the youth to complete in order to understand the consequences of their behavior. 

Our Youth Aid Panel Program and Training is based on the restorative justice model, encompassing the impact of the crime on the youth, their family, and the community as a whole. For Center for Resolutions, the YAP Program is a short-term mentoring program to help the youth understand they are bigger than their mistakes and to help guide the youth back on the right track by ways of assigning classes, research papers, community services, amongst other resolutions.

Below is a list of the townships and Police Departments that work with us to make our program such a success.

  • Aston;
  • Bethel Township;
  • Brookside / Parkside;
  • City of Chester;
  • Chester Township;
  • Clifton Heights (Currently looking for volunteers!);
  • Eddystone;
  • Haverford;
  • Lansdowne / East Lansdowne;
  • Marcus Hook;
  • Marple;
  • Media;
  • Morton;
  • Nether Providence;
  • Newtown Township;
  • Norwood;
  • Prospect Park;
  • Ridley Park;
  • Ridley Township;
  • Springfield;
  • State Police;
  • Upland Township (Currently looking for volunteers!);
  • Upper Chichester;
  • Upper Darby;
  • Upper Providence;
  • Yeadon (Currently looking for volunteers!);
  • Northern Chester County (East Vincent Township, West Vincent Township, East Coventry, West Pikeland, East Pikeland, Spring City Boro);
  • East Brandywine;
  • Easttown Township;
  • Caln Township;
  • Phoenixville

To learn more information on a Youth Aid Panel in your town, or how to become a panelist, contact Center for Resolutions at or (610) 566-7710

  • Partner
  • Partner
  • Partner
  • Partner
  • Partner